The Edge™ Mic String is the first condenser microphone, which can be fixed on the edge of the sound hole of stringed instruments such as, Acoustic-Guitars, Classical-Guitars, Acoustic-Bass or Ukulele, simply by postponing the microphone over the edge.
The microphone requires phantom power 9-48 volts. The electronic, which is necessary to produce a balanced signal, is integrated into the XLR connector.
• Weight: approx. 15 gr.
• Material: Nylon & steel spring
• Sound conversion: condenser capsule
• Characteristic: cardioid
• Signal: balanced
• Impedance: 680 ohm
• Output: 3 meter cable & XLR connector
• Phantom power: 9 – 48 V
• Frequency response: 50 Hz – 20 kHz
• Mounting: postpone over the edge.
• Maximum slot width: 4 mm
• Made in Germany, CE, ROHS
Under DEMO you can listen to a sound comparison between the following recording systems:
1. Taylor Guitar > “Schöps” Highend Condensatormicrofon natural recording
2. Taylor Guitar > “Edge Mic Kit” System
3. Taylor Guitar > “Edge Mic String” System
4. Taylor Guitar > “Fishman Isys-T” System
The sound comparison is recorded two times in a loop.